- Ufuk & Bahar Dördüncü, and Yuja Wang – Istanbul Music Festival review
- Freud und Leid
- AIM Premieres, Flanked By Icons Of Avante-Garde
- Concierto de bravura
- New sounds and soundscapes in Istanbul: Britten and Takemitsu
- If playing the piano would be an Olympic discipline, the sisters Dördüncü would be winning medals with their energetic and flawless performance.
- İstanbul Music Festival’s piano concerts offer poetic respite
- LE DAUPHINE LIBERE The “success” of Classical Music! Or; a fairy tale like concert from Dördüncü Couple
- MANNHEIMER MORGEN Piano Couple
- LE DAUPHINE LIBEREThe Magical Couple
- RHEINSCHE POST “Noble Virtuosity at Most”
- Kultur In Dusselforf a hurricane on the keyboard
- CUMHURIYET Two sisters on the piano
- KARLSRUHE, BADISCHE NEUESTE NACHRICHTEN BADENDDRUCK G.M.B.H.“Two Sisters Become One With The Piano”
- Correio Brasiliense The Turkish Music Culture, that has been going on many ages
- WAZ Vendredi - Culture à EsenTwo sisters playing with ENTHUSIASM
- GENEVA NEWSPAPER Dördüncü Sisters: A perfect Couple
- GUNES Two Rahmaninofs on two pianos
- CUMHURIYET Like one pianist playing with four hands
- TURKISH DAILY NEWSOne of the most important event of the Ankara Festival
Whenever a Turkish piano couple is mentioned, it is Güher and Süher Pekinel who come on mind. But, Pekinel Sisters should be very careful about losing their “best” grade after the performance presented by Ufuk and Bahar Dördüncü.
Dördüncü Sisters prepared a dynamic program in their repertoire that was focused on impressionism and the beginning of modernism. As it is known, these kind of studies performed with those periods require a high degree of competency in virtuosity. We felt a pleasant shiver just at the moment they began performing with “Concerto pour deux pianos” from I.Stravinsky. The artists were very successful in focusing the parts for percussion and also gave existence to each note of the musical language that was specific to Stravinsky. The wonderful performance of F.Martin’s “Etudes de concert” was a big musical event for us.
They presented a wonderful synchronization for “the following lines” in F.Martin’s Etudes. The sparkling contrast arousing from the connections in the work for “rhythm” . If we did not see with our own eyes, we could have thought one pianist is playing with four hands. Crescendos were always uniting, neither ritenuto, nor accelerando was depressing each other. Each final accord was given with a fabulous clarity, even a smallest detail was sentenced with the concert.
Claude Debussy: “En Blanc et Noir” (White and Black). Here we met the purest version of the impressionist game. The most striking point of the concert was the interpretation of “Adieu” (Farewell) of M.Ravel’s Valse. The accords were so strong and intense that, Ufuk and Bahar Dördüncü, could be able to focus on the dramatis parts and find the rhythm of the waltz in spite of the continuous applauses. The final was an orchestral, breath taking and virtuosity perfectionism. Coming together of the maximum concentration under a sparkling enlightenment.
The young couple, Ufuk and Bahar Dördüncü introduced themselves and joined the celebrities in their branch.