- Ufuk & Bahar Dördüncü, and Yuja Wang – Istanbul Music Festival review
- Freud und Leid
- AIM Premieres, Flanked By Icons Of Avante-Garde
- Concierto de bravura
- New sounds and soundscapes in Istanbul: Britten and Takemitsu
- If playing the piano would be an Olympic discipline, the sisters Dördüncü would be winning medals with their energetic and flawless performance.
- İstanbul Music Festival’s piano concerts offer poetic respite
- LE DAUPHINE LIBERE The “success” of Classical Music! Or; a fairy tale like concert from Dördüncü Couple
- MANNHEIMER MORGEN Piano Couple
- LE DAUPHINE LIBEREThe Magical Couple
- RHEINSCHE POST “Noble Virtuosity at Most”
- Kultur In Dusselforf a hurricane on the keyboard
- CUMHURIYET Two sisters on the piano
- KARLSRUHE, BADISCHE NEUESTE NACHRICHTEN BADENDDRUCK G.M.B.H.“Two Sisters Become One With The Piano”
- Correio Brasiliense The Turkish Music Culture, that has been going on many ages
- WAZ Vendredi - Culture à EsenTwo sisters playing with ENTHUSIASM
- GENEVA NEWSPAPER Dördüncü Sisters: A perfect Couple
- GUNES Two Rahmaninofs on two pianos
- CUMHURIYET Like one pianist playing with four hands
- TURKISH DAILY NEWSOne of the most important event of the Ankara Festival
Piano Duets, Ufuk and Bahar Dördüncü is performing today in Atatürk Cultural Center within the program of İstanbul Festival
Ufuk and Bahar Dördüncü are playing Sergei Rahmaninof’s “Suit No:2 op.17” , “Suit No:1 Op. 5 "Fantasy pictures”, Bela Bartok’s “7 Pieces from Microcosmos” and Igor Stravinsky’s “Concerto for two Pianos” within İstanbul Festival today.
Ufuk Dördüncü, worked with Gülay Uğurata and Bedii Aran in Ankara State Conservatory. She won the entrance exam of graduate studies of piano department in Geneva Conservatory . She studied with M.N’Kaoua in the school and graduated with a grade. Later on she was specialized with H.Datyner and graduated with a Vituosity Grade.
During that time, she also attended Darlington Music School, Mario Curcio’s private lessons and Vlado Perlemutter’s “Ravel” apprenticeship. Ufuk Dördüncü, still working with François- René Duchable in France, is also carrying out performances with her sister Bahar, as two or four hands pianos, in Turkey and in various European countries with the orchestra and also taking part in radio and TV programs.
Bahar Dördüncü, worked with Kamuran Gündemir, Gülsin Onay and Elif – Bedii Aran in Ankara State Conservatory. She won the entrance exam of graduate studies of piano department in Geneva Conservatory and worked with M.N’Koua and M.Vercelli. Later on she studied with H.Datyner and graduated with first honours. Then she joined her sister for the Vlado Perlemutter’s “Ravel” apprenticeship.
While working with François-René Duchable, she also gave performances with her sister Ufuk, as two or four hands pianos, in Turkey and in various European countries with the orchestra and also taking part in radio and TV programs. She is an academician in Geneva Conservatory and living in Switzerland.
Attention to these sisters
Ufuk and Bahar Dördüncü, who are going to meet the audience with Sergei Rahmaninof’s “Suit No:2 op.17” , “Suit No:1 Op. 5/Fantasy Tables” , Bela Bartok’s “7 Pieces from Microcosmos” and Igor Stravinsi’s “Concerto for two Pianos”, had positive criticisms İn Europe with the above mentioned performance.
After a concert in Germany, Liz Schonk, writing and critisizing for Westdeutsche Zeitung, says that;
“The artists were like the highly disciplined racers on the stage. If playing piano had been a discipline in the Olympics, Dördüncü Sisters’ fingers flying on the keys strong and errorless, would definitely win an Olympic Medal”
Dördüncü Sisters who have created a “couple” image in Turkey and all around the world, say that they do not compare themselves with Pekinel or Labeque Sisters.
The criticism written on Rhenische Post, after the concert in Germany, definitely contradicts their modesty:
“We all remember the names Güher – Süher Pekinel whenever a pianist couple from Turkey is mentioned.
We did not know that there were other artists walking on a special road that is going to be remembered all through the world until now. We have just learned that in Palais Wittgenstein. After listening to Ufuk and Bahar Dördüncü sisters, we believed that Güher and Süher Pekinel should stand really strong, since their rivals were just coming from their own country.”
The two beloved sisters, Ufuk and Bahar Dördüncü have certain concrete frames in their lives like “We are better than those people, we are not going to be compared by those, we should be in good contact with these groups, we should call and make plans with these people”. But everything else is forgotten whenever the music has started.
By then, these two artists fit the emotional concept into the discrete frame created in their working rooms.
Tonight, Ufuk and Bahar Dördüncü sisters will prove once again that two pianos mean two parties heard as one, single sound, by making four hands “one”.
Ufuk Dördüncü, living in France, and Bahar Dördüncü, living in Switzerland, performed in many European countries as two and four hands piano, and also played with the orchestra.